Thursday, June 28, 2012

A safe arrival!

I started writing this post at 39,000 feet above our country... just east of Thunder Bay. Just some short notes.... hey I am trying cut down :-0

Headed to the baggage area and picked up my bag & plane box then off to Avis for the rental pickup. I was unable to secure a minivan online (a prime choice of us fly-in types due to the folding seats) but managed to snag one on arrival in Toronto.  It has plenty of room for my needs as I’ll be by myself pretty much the whole trip out.

Headed to Cobourg and met Chad & Will at the local Wal-Mart for some juice and other snacks that will keep us hydrated and nourished over the coming days. I was going to pick up a folding chair but Harry advised me that the two chairs Mark and I left behind at the 2008 team trials are still in his garage! Proof positive that pattern folks never throw anything out!

Off to the Ells farm just north of the 401 on Jamieson Road.. what a beautiful area they live in... quiet and peaceful.  It was great to see both Rosemary and Harry again as I last saw them in Muncie at last year’s Worlds. Michi and Liyan stopped by to pick up his batteries and then Chad, Will and myself began putting planes together for the upcoming weekend.



Xavier is also staying with the Ells and Richard is camping at the flying site. Both of them flew up at the Pine Ridge flying site again today 

As planned, my power package arrived at Harry’s this afternoon and was ready for charging. We socialized and enjoyed the banter and camaraderie that makes up part of the human experience.

Planned practice at Pine Ridge tomorrow or perhaps a jaunt up to Kawartha Lakes flying site.  Not 100% sure what I’ll do.





As darkness fell Xavier showed us his special lighting modification.... Great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment