Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Preparation... it never ends!

Check your packing lists folks! Nothing like arriving at the field and remembering you left your wing tube on the work bench... 2200 miles away! ... don't worry mine is packed!

My sources tell me that Michi Akimoto and Liyan will depart Wednesday night on a Red Eye flight to Toronto with two planes in tow. They should arrive early Thursday morning and head towards Cobourg and his hotel. I believe he has a package at Harry's place that he will have to pick up sometime Thursday afternoon. Chad has packed up his plane according to pictures & posts on Facebook. He joins Will Gross and they depart Thursday morning from Calgary, AB.

I'll be doing the same except from Victoria and hope to arrive around 3:30 pm local time... grab the rental vehicle and head to Cobourg... yep at the start of rush hour....Welcome to Toronto! Now you'll notice I said "hope" as I travel on a standby basis with my airline discount. This can be a great thing... and a terrible thing depending on flight loads... I have some flexibility and may go through Vancouver but it's looking good right now. Fingers crossed :-)

If all goes well we should have a pretty good assembly session going in Harry's garage... this way I can take pictures of Chad's secret prop and longitudinal stabilization augmentation project :-)

I am sure Xavier, Paul and the other contestants are prepping their planes and gear for the upcoming weekend. Should be a great time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.  Off to bed.. up early tomorrow in Kamloops, BC for my last day of flying "big" planes :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment